2012 was relatively quiet here at The Exchange, updates coming few and far between. But we have been reading :) Last year, we:
- finally met Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald);
- walked the streets of Barcelona with young Daniel and the intrepid Fermin (The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon);
- danced under the moonlight in Fairyland (The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland - for a little while by Catherynne M. Valente);
- fell in love with Henry and grieved with Taylor (Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson);
- basked in David Levithan’s loving, glowing words (The Lover’s Dictionary and Every Day by David Levithan);
- wondered at the curious baubles in Maira Kalman’s mind (The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman); and
- watched June and Wes collide in their own Big Crunch (The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman).
In 2012, there was pain to go with the joy. The world lost Ray Bradbury, Maurice Sendak and Nora Ephron, among others. They are loved and will be missed.
We are, as always, excited for a fresh slate of books and reading. Let the revels begin!
This was a post by Kubi and Hanna, wishing everyone a fantastic New Year!